Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The landscape of Tulsa and its surrounding suburbs are encased in a white prison of snow.  I'm not quite sure when I went from being excited for snow to dreading it.  Probably around the time I started to drive around it.  Thankfully, Tulsa's about as hormonal as a teenager when it comes to weather patterns so this shouldn't last too much longer.  Things I also wished wouldn't last much longer?  Construction.  It's everywhere in this godforsaken city.  Literally, you can't get from one end of the town to the other without running into half a dozen construction zones.  The city's too poor to keep the streetlights on, but there are dozens of projects scattered across the city.  Makes a lot of sense.  Let's not forget that some of these have been going on for over a year and a half and don't look to be ending anytime soon.  I've got a feeling Betty White will outlive some of these projects.  On a slightly more positive note, there are a few good concerts coming up soon.  Periphery, Fair to Midland and Interpol, all in April.

Well, I guess the reason I started this whole blog thing was to give me some practice and hopefully inspire me to take writing a little more seriously.  I may not be James Joyce or Thomas Pynchon, but maybe someday I'll write a novel of some worth for someone to read.  I've got so many ideas, it's hard to pick one and just go with it.  Oh, you can expect whatever I write to be full of really weird stuff and to be somewhat depressing.  Hopefully in a comic way of course.  Not everyone has the dark sense of humor I do, so I'm sure some people won't get it.  That's it for now, I'll come up with something more coherent next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment